[Web4lib] Does anyone need a federated OPAC search?

Tim Spalding tim at librarything.com
Tue Mar 23 11:25:28 EDT 2010

Are there any libraries out there who could benefit from a search that
combined two or more OPACs onto one page of results?

I'm looking for people who want it, but aren't actually in the market
for a gazillion-dollar "federated search" solution. I'm thinking there
must be some libraries with reciprocal lending agreements with other
libraries, but no easy unified catalog. I'd particularly like to find
someone with a bunch of different catalogs from different vendors.

This would be free for the life of the test and, if we make a sellable
product, for at least a year after.

Tim

--
Check out my library at http://www.librarything.com/profile/timspalding