[Web4lib] Web4lib: Wikipedia

Robert Balliot rballiot at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 09:47:20 EDT 2010

Linking strategy is only one part of the algorithm.

Language structure that enhances PageRank focuses on keyword phrases and
semantic connectivity. It can appear awkward and unclear, but the web is
being driven by e-commerce, not by academia.  Target uses one of the most
sophisticated and effective on-line strategies.

Wikipedia has lots of advantages over the content in Google Books because it
is older, the structure is search engine friendly, and there are links to
it. However, the content in Google Books can be linked and there are
certainly many signed, authoritative works which will increase in relevance
with time and links.

Authoritative works may also appear awkward and unclear:
http://bit.ly/bSXuMb

R. Balliot
http://oceanstatelibrarian.com/contact.htm