[Web4lib] Academic libs - allowing anonymous comments on your site?

Chester D. Mealer chester at rpl.org
Tue Mar 9 11:19:21 EST 2010

Conventional wisdom in the social media world says if you're going to block at all, it should be only on the basis of language. If someone complains about something, acknowledge the complaint, and the difficulty they had, then deal with it and be seen dealing with it. If it is something you cannot, or should not, solve explain why. The only complaints which hurt, are ones you do nothing about. Additionally automatic language filters will not need staff time to moderate every comment.

We do not currently have commenting on our actual website, but we do allow it on our Facebook page, and the information we post there.

Chester Mealer
Webmaster
Rapides Parish Library