[Web4lib] [Publib] "Homemade" Catalog

Renata Dyer rdyer at hcourt.gov.au
Wed Jun 2 19:24:00 EDT 2010

Stephanie,
I know this slide is old but you may find it interesting:
http://www.slideshare.net/vimal0212/open-source-library-management-systems
.

Also, KOHA became quite big in recent years and you can relatively easily
find help form either community of suers or a commercial company such as
the LibLime.

I think LOC will provide MARC records free of charge - not sure how you
can automate the system; maybe you should consider an LMS with Z39.50
functionality that will enable you to do copy cataloguing on the go.
Meaning you will need to open one of the public z39 opacs; perform your
search for ISBN with a scanner and then when a record is identified you
revise, make changes and save to your LMS.

Good luck!

Renata Dyer
Manager, Systems and Electronic Services
High Court of Australia Library
Canberra, ACT 2604
ph: 02 6270 6916