[Web4lib] QR codes and books

Dobbs, Aaron AWDobbs at ship.edu
Wed Jul 14 18:11:52 EDT 2010

It will be interesting to see what happens when the distributed nature of QR code tracking breaks...

Say people buy a book with QR codes on the back (on the cover, in the body, wherever) and the publisher goes out of business and/or is bought out by a more illicit publisher who redirects the QR codes to "more questionable" (shall we say) content [similar to expired domains being bought up and content then replaced] - what recourse have they? (I suspect none)

-Aaron
:-)'