[Web4lib] Friendly language

John Fereira jaf30 at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 29 12:57:12 EST 2010

Bohyun Kim wrote:
> When my library was creating a library site, we also debated this issue. I can confirm from experience that both faculty and students don't necessarily understand what the term, "course reserves" means. I agree with Marc. They often say class readings to refer to course reserves. They rarely say 'materials.'
At Cornell we're still using the term Course Reserves (and I developed a
course reserves service and Drupal module for integrating the external
Course Reserves system into our library web sites).  Students also
enroll in courses/classes using information from a Course Catalog.

--
John Fereira
Cornell University
Google Wave: fereira at googlewave.com