[Web4lib] Friendly language

Brian Gray mindspiral at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 12:16:44 EST 2010

I do not know about other libraries, but our course reserves includes much
more than just "readings". It might be had to find a collective term if you
are naming it based on a specific action or format. Our reserves include art
images, data files, many movies, audio files, and probably other formats or
purposes than I have heard of.

If you allow many different things to be placed on reserve, I would be
worried that a name does not send a false message to faculty that only "x"
is allowed when you also accept "y" and "z". You might create a name that
increases student awareness but hampers usability.

Brian Gray
mindspiral at gmail.com
bcg8 at case.edu