[Web4lib] question on jsf

Thomas Edelblute TEdelblute at anaheim.net
Fri Jan 22 19:11:56 EST 2010

Earlier today, a patron came into the public library and was trying to get a bank statement off one of our Internet computers.  However, nothing was coming up, a red X appearing in place of the document.  I noticed that there was a .jsf at the end of the URL which I had never seen before.  I told the librarian I would have to do some research and get back to her as I did not know what I was looking at.

I came across this entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JavaServer_Faces and was about to decide that the problem was not on my end.  But Java is a funny thing to work with, and I am wondering if there is a Java update that needs to be downloaded to the client PC to make it work.

Any opinions out there?  And if I do need to download something, how do I test it to make sure it is working?

Thomas Edelblute
Public Access Systems Coordinator
Anaheim Public Library

First determine what you want to achieve, then obtain the best technology to attain that goal.

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, and delete the original message immediately. Thank you.