[Web4lib] Experience with BookDrive DIY

Gueguen, Gretchen GUEGUENG at ecu.edu
Tue Jan 19 10:52:10 EST 2010

Colleagues,

I'm looking for some first-hand accounts of working with the BookDrive DIY scanner (http://diy.atiz.com/). At ECU, we're increasingly doing more bound materials from our archives and special collections and we are curious about whether this machine will be more efficient than our current set up without sacrificing too much quality.

If you have used one of these scanners and are willing to share your opinion with us, please contact myself or the Production Coordinator here at ECU off-list (barricellaj at ecu.edu). At this point we are not looking for an actual vendor, but just operator experience.

Thanks,

Gretchen Gueguen
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Joyner Library Digital Collections