[Web4lib] Alternatives to "Best Bets", etc. ?

Richard Wiggins richard.wiggins at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 12:41:24 EST 2010

I'm a huge advocate of "Best Bets" because it encapsulates 2 notions:

-- These might be the best things to click on...

-- It's a bet.  It's a guess.  We might be wrong.  We're just trying to help
here.  Caveat surfer.

I'm also a huge fan of signage saying things straight out, if possible as
imperatives.  So another idea would be:

-- Try these links first.

/rich