[Web4lib] Does your site use Adobe CS4 Contribute?

Leech, Robin robin.leech at okstate.edu
Wed Jan 6 10:14:37 EST 2010

Hello Web4lib'ers:

Our Systems Dept. has recently ordered a CS4 package for us, and we expect to have it installed and begin testing this spring - with hopes of training several web page editors throughout our library over the summer.

If you use CS4 Contrib, and would be willing to answer a few questions, would you please contact me - off-list is fine.

We (in our web editing dept.) think there are lots of choices when it comes to installing this software, and those choices will greatly impact how successful we are when it comes to implementation!  Can we put this on our web server, and still be able to take full advantage of all the Contrib features?  Should it be installed on a separate server?  We want each dept (within our library) to be able to easily add/edit/control their own pages, but, of course, not interfere with other depts.

Your experiences will be extremely helpful for us.

Many thanks.

Robin Leech
Head, Digital Initiatives
Oklahoma State University Libraries