[Web4lib] 2010 Library Open Solutions Webinars Series Kicks Off

Mark Beatty mbeatty at wils.wisc.edu
Tue Feb 23 11:34:28 EST 2010

2010 Library Open Solutions Webinars
Series Kicks Off

We've finalized the line up.  Mark your calendars and sign up now for
the full series of weekly webinars offering fun and informative stuff
good for libraries.  Keep up on the latest series information and
comments from speakers at our series blog:
http://librarywebinars.blogspot.com/

Here's the line-up:

3/11	Get Real, Be Creative: Social Networking in Libraries
			w/ Tasha Saecker and Jeff Dawson
3/18	Library H3lp
			w/ Cindi Trainor and Steve Frye
4/1		OCLC Web Services in Action
			w/ Karen Coombs
4/8		Information, Not Location: the new MLibrary
			w/ Ken Varnum, Karen Reiman-Sendi, Liene Karels
4/15	Mobile Site Generator
			w/ Chad Haefele
4/22	Cool tools: Prezi and Zotero
			w/ Jason Kucsma, Joe Morgan, Ian Benton and Eliot Finkelstein

all sessions are Thursdays, 2:00-3:00 p.m. Central Time

Register now for the whole series at the bargain rate of $200 for all
6, at:
http://www.wils.wisc.edu/events/opsolutions_reg2.html
You can register for the series after it starts and have full access
to all the previous session recordings after the live presentations.
You receive the codes to access the sessions and recordings, good for
up to a year after the sessions.

We charge in order to offset expenses for the webinar system. Single
"seat" registrations can be used for a whole library, as long as you
view the session together using one web connection and one phone
connection.  This is a way of allowing us to provide webinars to more
people using less webinar resources.  If you want to project it and
use a speaker phone we think that's a good idea and the shared
experience with your colleagues will only make the webinars better.

Each one hour Webinar will present about 45 minutes of content
including live web demonstrations, leaving time in the hour for
questions and discussions. Participants use an internet enabled
computer to view the content and a phone line to hear and talk. Long
distance is via an "800" number. Speaker phones with mute buttons are
a good thing for groups.

Register now for the whole series at the bargain rate of $200 for all
6, at:
http://www.wils.wisc.edu/events/opsolutions_reg2.html
and keep up on the latest series information at our series blog:
http://librarywebinars.blogspot.com/

If you have any questions about the Webinar series don't hesitate to
contact me at:
mbeatty at wils.wisc.edu, or phone 608.265.5179

Mark Beatty
mbeatty at wils.wisc.edu
WiLS, 728 State St. Room 464, Madison, WI 53706  608.265.5719
http://www.wils.wisc.edu