[Web4lib] PubGet

Matthew Zimmerman Matthew.Zimmerman at UTSouthwestern.edu
Mon Feb 15 13:32:21 EST 2010

Matthew Zimmerman
Manager
Digital Services and Technology Planning
UT Southwestern Medical Center Library
Tel: 214-648-4873

matthew.zimmerman at utsouthwestern.edu
www.utsouthwestern.edu/library

>>> Bohyun Kim <kimb at fiu.edu> 2/12/2010 3:15 PM >>>
Hi Dede,

I activated PubGet early this year for our library. We haven't done any active promotion about it. So I am not sure how much use it gets. But it doesn't hurt to turn it on just in case any users go to PubGet and look for their institutional libraries. We use SerialsSolutions for a link resolver. When you search for an article in PubGet, PubGet catches both HTML and PDF page if both are available as separate result item. This means that if there is a dead link in your link resolver KB, the error message will also be displayed instead of full-text.

If there are other libraries that promoted PubGet and tested it more extensively, I would love to hear more.

Hope this helps,
Bohyun

---
Bohyun Kim, M.A., M.L.I.S.