[Web4lib] article of interest

Larry Schwartz schwartz at mnstate.edu
Thu Feb 4 10:40:32 EST 2010

(extracted from Benton's Headlines.  ls.)

WILL IPAD CHILL MOBILE WEB PAGES?
[SOURCE: San Francisco Chronicle, AUTHOR: Tom Kaneshige]
[Commentary] The iPhone is the face that launched a thousand mobile
websites-actually, more like 326,600, according to a recent study by
Taptu, a mobile search engine. That number is growing by leaps and
bounds in various areas of the web, such as shopping and services, the
survey concludes. There seems to be no stopping the trend, or is there?
With its 10-inch screen, the iPad has the potential of slowing the
development of mobile websites and bring back traditional desktop ones.
The reason: Traditional websites look great on the iPad. Website
browsing is the reason the iPad was developed in the first place. "iPad
offers the best Web browsing experience there is-way better than
laptops," said Apple CEO Steve Jobs.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2010/02/02/urnidgns002570F3005978D8002576BE00628461.DTL

--
Larry Schwartz, Librarian
Livingston Lord Library

"People read books in order to gain the privilege of living more than one life." --Garrison Keillor

"Beware of group-think masquerading as serendipity."