[Web4lib] Boopsie Anyone?

Greg Carpenter greg at boopsie.com
Mon Dec 27 16:47:48 EST 2010

Antoinette,

I may be biased, because I am the CEO of Boopsie, Inc.   However, we have
mobilized around 100 libraries (public and academic) this past year with
custom apps.

Here is a link to some recent customers:
http://www.boopsie2.com/libraries_clients.html

And here is a link to a press release showing that mobilizing the catalog
isn't the only thing you need to do in an application (we work with all
major ILS systems), but the key is also to mobilize the other content of the
library - which is where most of the use is seen.

We've seen about 10 million queries come thru the mobile apps - so they are
clearly being used quite a bit.

We're happy to answer any questions.  Email libraries at boopsie.com

Cheers,

Greg

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Antoinette Turner <
Antoinette.Turner at utsouthwestern.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if any of you have used Boopsie to create mobile apps for
> your library.  If not, are you considering creating a mobile app for your
> library in the future?  If yes, what was your experience like with Boopsie?
>
> Antoinette Turner
> UT Southwestern Medical Library
> antoinette.turner at utsouthwestern.edu

Greg Carpenter