[Web4lib] Reference Librarian of the Future? IBM Supercomputer ‘Watson’ to Challenge ‘Jeopardy’ Stars

B.G. Sloan bgsloan2 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 17:24:21 EST 2010

>From the New York Times:

"An I.B.M. supercomputer system named after the company’s founder, Thomas J. Watson Sr., is almost ready for a televised test: a bout of questioning on the quiz show 'Jeopardy'...'Watson' will face the two most successful players in 'Jeopardy' history, Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter, in three episodes that will be broadcast Feb. 14-16, 2011. For I.B.M., 'Watson' is an important test of artificial intelligence. Scientists there have been talking to 'Jeopardy' about a man vs. machine match-up for the better part of two years."

Full text at:  http://bit.ly/eJqDML

Bernie Sloan