[Web4lib] that old verbiage argument

Cory Dunne CDunne at oakville.ca
Fri Dec 17 11:49:51 EST 2010

We went with one for Research, and one for Interests.

In the beginning, these had very clear cut differences. As time went on, they became pretty close to mirror images of each other (are you researching business, or are you interested in business?), so I might caution toward doing that. Some things still are pretty clear cut, but there is a lot of overlap.

Also, why use Catalog at all? I think you'd like the model that most BiblioCommons libraries are going with as 'Explore'.

Cheers

Cory Dunne, Programmer / Analyst and Web Developer , Oakville Public Library
905-815-2042 | 905-815-2024 | mailto:cdunne at oakville.ca

Oakville Public Library | Central Branch | 120 Navy Street, Oakville, ON, L6J 2Z4

http://www.oakville.ca/privacy_statement.htm