[Web4lib] [web4lib] survey on library website third partyanalytics privacy concerns

Brian Gray mindspiral at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 07:49:32 EDT 2010

Where do I generalize about vendors? There are no generalizations in my
posts at all. And I find your responses no more than childish attempts to
stir the pot rather than have legitimate conversations about the topic.

They provide the tools we use to complete our tasks. Yes.
They sell the tools we provide to our patrons. Yes.
They provide data we give to patrons and contain a lot of information on our
patrons. Yes.
Do librarians decide to not do business with a company because they disagree
with that companies belief, commitment, or lack of commitment to ethics.
Yes.

Brian Gray
mindspiral at gmail.com
bcg8 at case.edu