[Web4lib] Mobile identification code

Chester D. Mealer chester at rpl.org
Wed Aug 25 10:27:22 EDT 2010

Dawn,

Yes it's complex and there's not a fool proof way of doing, just a few solutions which will help you catch most mobile users.

Since you didn't mention what language you need the snippet in, I'll recommend you start looking for a solution here: http://webdesign.about.com/od/mobile/a/detect-mobile-devices.htm

Overall, perhaps the best solution  is to begin the page with a "mobile site" link in addition to the snippet.

Chester Mealer
Webmaster
Rapides Parish Library
chester at rpl.org