[Web4lib] off-topic: libraries to be one of the Twitter top ten trending topics TOMORROW!

Jorge Serrano Cobos jorgeserrano at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 04:26:50 EDT 2010

Hello!

Let me invite you to participate in a librarian collaborative global
e-marketing experiment: to make #biblioteca (means "library" in spanish) one
of top 10 Twitter trending topics TOMORROW!

Yes, this initiative will happen tomorrow, Tuesday August 10, 2010 for one
hour, from 10:00 a.m to 11:00 (New York), or 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. (in Spain).

The idea is to have thousands of people (librarians, patrons, readers,
everybody) around the world sharing many posts during that time, achieving
(through the collective strength) that the hashtag #biblioteca to scale to
the top 10 trending topics on Twitter at that time.

What to talk about? Share recommendations of books, interesting librarians
sites or talk about activities occurring in libraries. In short, talk of
libraries just using hashtag #biblioteca. Have fun and tell it to your
friends throughout the world!

No matter if you use English in your comments, but simply use the library
hashtag #biblioteca, not (or not only) #library

If you want, we can arrange the same initiative for #library another day.
Just tell us and many Hispanic librarian twitters will support it.

Thank you very much in advance, and regards from Spain ;-)

--
Jorge Serrano-Cobos
http://www.masmedios.com

Social: