[Web4lib] Scanners, Digital Archiving

Charles Heffner heffnerc1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 11:54:24 EDT 2010

Thank you Michael. I'm familiar with their work, but unfortunately,
I'm all thumbs when it comes to putting things together with
instructions, let alone from scratch. I've posted there twice seeking
someone to build one for me (I'd cover the costs and add $200 in
profit), but to no avail.

A little background since I'm new here - I'm working on a B.S. since
returning to school last fall, and hope to start on my MLS in Fall
2011. It's my personal and professional desire to be a librarian and
digital archivist. I'm currently eye-deep in digital archiving
research for both personal interest and my thesis project at NKU (No.
Ky. U.)

Back on topic, the Atiz BookDrive Pro is $14,000, the BookDrive DIY is
$7,000, the BookDrive Mini is $6,000, and the BookSnap is $1,600.
Those prices don't include the cameras, tax, or shipping. I really
wish there was a simple, affordable single- or double-camera mounting
system. :-)

Chuck