[Web4lib] Cites & Insights 10:6 available

Walt Crawford waltcrawford at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 15:12:15 EDT 2010

Cites & Insights 10:6, May 2010, is now available at
http://citesandinsights.info/civ10i6.pdf

The 32-page issue, PDF as usual, consists of two essays, each
available separately in HTML form:

Making it Work - Generations (pp. 1-11) http://citesandinsights.info/v10i6a.htm

    Lots of commentary about generation generalizations (gengen) and
lots of commentary full of gengen--plus some discussions of cases
where age, technology and culture really may interact.

Old Media/New Media (pp. 11-32) http://citesandinsights.info/v10i6b.htm

    Yes, it's been almost two years; no, I didn't give up on this
theme. This roundup comes in three parts: Media in general (and
specific media other than books, magazines and newspapers); magazines
and periodicals (which are overlapping, not concentric, circles); and
newspapers.

This issue is sponsored by the Library Society of the World, a
sponsorship that will continue through June or July...after which, I'm
very much looking for sponsorship.

Regular readers of Walt at Random may have noticed that I reviewed the
final disc in the five-disc Spaghetti Westerns set. So why isn't there
an Offtopic Perspective in this issue? Because I wanted two "real"
perspectives and didn't want a 40-page issue...look for it in a later
issue.