[Web4lib] Android app for library catalog

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Wed Apr 14 12:26:49 EDT 2010

On 4/14/2010 10:00 AM, Wilfred Drew wrote:
> "I don't think people are going to be doing any serious research from their phones [...]"
>
> As soon as you start thinking such statements are reality, the users will prove you wrong.  Why do we put such limits or assume such limits on things? Is it something inherent in librarians?
>
> Because we might not do serious research on a cell phone does not mean others won't.  Also, define serious.

Actually, you have to make assumptions like this all the time.  It's a
survival tactic.

The moment there's a clear pattern of people using these devices to do
more intense research -- rather than say a 'look-up' -- I say, dive in.

Until then, right now, if you gave me the choice between a bucket or
thimble to transport a gallon of water, I think I'll go with the bucket
crowd.

LEO

www.leoklein.com (site)
www.ChicagoLibrarian.com (blog)