[Web4lib] Scientific Journals: Table of Contents Search and linking to full text

Wilfred Drew DrewW at tc3.edu
Thu Apr 8 18:03:44 EDT 2010

I sent this note to all of our faculty and staff.  It points out the true value of LibX when combined with Open URL resolvers and resourceces that use DOI.  The service is from JISC so it is of high quality.

This resource allow you to search the Table of Contents of over 14,000 science journals in all fields. Combined with the LibX TC3 Library tool bar, you will be able to locate full text articles by clicking on the DOI link created on the page by the  LibX toolbar.  It will then take you into our databases to locate the article. If it is available, you can retrieve it. If it is not, you can request it via the REQUEST THIS ITEM link into our ILLIAD service.  You can download the Library Toolbar for FireFox and Internet Explorer  here<http://libx.org/editions/download.php?edition=5051E541> .  If you want help with this contact me via e-mail or phone.

Link to TOC database:
http://bit.ly/9kawhg

Wilfred (Bill) Drew, M.S., B.S., A.S.
Assistant Professor
Librarian, Systems and Tech Services/Electronic Resources/Serials
Tompkins Cortland Community College  (TC3) Library:
http://www.tc3.edu/library/
Dryden, N.Y. 13053-0139
Follow the library: http://twitter.com/TC3Library
E-mail: dreww at tc3.edu<mailto:dreww at tc3.edu>
Phone: 607-844-8222 ext.4406
AIM/SKYPE/Twitter:BillDrew4
Online Identity: http://claimID.com/billdrew<http://claimid.com/billdrew>
Strengths: Ideation, Input, Learner, Command, Analytical
http://www.facebook.com/people/Bill_Drew/
PPlease consider the environment before printing this e-mail or document.