[Web4lib] Training Recommendations for PHP and MySQL

Kozlowski,Brendon bkozlowski at sals.edu
Thu Apr 8 16:23:33 EDT 2010

Although not a dual training resource for PHP & MySQL (at the same time) many people have found KillerPHP's videos to be quite helpful.
http://www.killerphp.com/ <http://www.killerphp.com/>

Personally I learned from reading a ton of books and actually doing, and am still learning (never to stop). After learning the basics, doing a Google search on similar solutions led me down a path of answers and enlightenment, and eventually to the land of PHP frameworks to do the same thing, only faster (but a framework still requires knowledge of the language).

I do like the Sitepoint and Head First books when just starting out on a topic if it means anything.

Brendon Kozlowski
Web Administrator
Saratoga Springs Public Library
49 Henry Street