[Web4lib] Using Shibboleth with database/journal vendor web sites

Varnum, Ken varnum at umich.edu
Tue Sep 29 15:13:06 EDT 2009

We're starting a pilot test of Shibboleth to provide authentication/authorization for licensed resources (via Metalib and EZProxy).  Does anyone had any experience, good or bad, with setting up Shibboleth with vendors that you would be willing to to share with us before we begin.  Were there any vendors that were particularly easy to work with in setting up a test?  (We're hoping to do keep our current local sign-on/EZProxy going while we offer an alternative Shibboleth/EZProxy access path for testers.)

Please feel free to respond directly if you prefer.

Regards,
Ken Varnum

--
Ken Varnum
Web Systems Manager
University Library                       E: varnum at umich.edu
University of Michigan                   T: 734-615-3287
309 Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library      F: 734-647-6897
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1205                 http://www.lib.umich.edu/