[Web4lib] Total Recall

Robert L. Balliot rballiot at oceanstatelibrarian.com
Fri Sep 25 11:04:39 EDT 2009

Research Link of the Week:

Microsoft's - Gordon Bell - co-author of
TOTAL RECALL: HOW THE E-MEMORY REVOLUTION WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING
discusses the MYLIFEBITS project:

Total Recall <http://oceanstatelibrarian.com/>

This timely presentation explores a process to record what we sense, how we
interpret what we sense, and what we imagine. How does this change the
concept of AUTOBIOGRAPHY? Can we really keep everything and store a lifetime
of knowledge? What are the software solutions? How will this impact
collection development? GORDON BELL is the laboratory.

Imagine if our library catalogs included truly immersive autobiographies of
leaders in education, politics, law, and science. What would be the
impact of having a first hand point of view of what they experience? With
total recall, could we accelerate brilliant ideas?

Robert L. Balliot
Skype: RBalliot
Bristol, Rhode Island
http://oceanstatelibrarian.com/contact.htm