[Web4lib] Video repositories beyond Facebook

Keith Gilbertson keith.gilbertson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 21:10:27 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Postrel, Rhonda <postrelr at wit.edu> wrote:

>  I'm curious what others in academic settings are
> doing to meet the demand to host moving images.

At OhioLINK, much of the video collection has been converted into the FLV
(Flash Video) package format and has been loaded into a customized DSpace
repository.  Each video is stored as a DSpace repository item, and once
users navigate to the video of interest, via search or browse, they can play
the video by clicking on the play icon in the display window - similar to
the interface seen on YouTube and comparable sites.

-- keith
Founder
SuperClass Consulting