[Web4lib] Facebook and libraries

Chris Bourg mchris at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 18 14:28:51 EDT 2009

This is exactly why we waited until Facebook allowed libraries (and
other organizations) to create Pages rather than profiles to establish
our library Facebook page.
Becoming a Fan of a Page is a very different thing than becoming Friends
with someone on FB. We are at over 1000 fans at this point, with the
majority in the 18-24 year old category, which leads me to believe that
students are much more likely to become Page Fans than Friends w/ a
library or librarian.

Chris