FWD: Re: [Web4lib] Facebook (& Second Life)

L Cohn lcohn at bplnj.org
Thu Sep 10 15:45:18 EDT 2009

In Second Life, you can collect donation of Linden dollars which can be exchanged for real money at an exchange rate which is posted.  You'll get a check from Linden Labs, which is the company that owns and runs Second Life.  There are people that make quite a profitable business at this.  The West of Ireland Library in Second Life, which I mentioned before, raises money for a children's charity and does quite well at it with all their live readings...
http://www.irelandsl.org/

Lisa

Lisa Cohn, ILL, WebMaster,  Reference
Bloomfield Public Library,  bplnj.org