[Web4lib] Call for articles: OCLC Systems & Services: International Digital Library Perspectives

Brad Eden eden at library.ucsb.edu
Wed Sep 2 17:03:59 EDT 2009

Please forward to other interested colleagues and listservs.

As editor, I am interested in seeing any articles dealing with coverage topics below.  We are a peer-reviewed journal.  Send any questions or articles my way.  Thanks.  Brad

Bradford Lee Eden, Ph.D.
Editor, _OCLC Systems & Services:  International Digital Library Perspectives_
Associate University Librarian for Technical Services & Scholarly Communication
University of California, Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, California  93106
(805)893-4261
eden at library.ucsb.edu

Editorial objectives
OCLC Systems & Services: International Digital Library Perspectives covers a broad range of subject areas relating to the Web-based delivery of digital cultural content. The journal aims to keep readers informed about current trends in research, and to report on new initiatives and developments. Digital libraries and digital repositories are a particular focus, together with relevant standards and techniques.

Unique attributes
OCLC Systems & Services: International Digital Library Perspectives publishes a mix of feature articles, case studies, news and views, all presented with the needs of busy practitioners in mind.

Coverage
■Digital libraries
■Digital repositories
■Digital cultural content services
■Web metadata standards
■Web markup languages
■Digital preservation
■Imaging and digitization techniques
■Usability studies

OCLC Systems & Services is indexed and abstracted in:
■Academic Search Alumni Edition
■Academic Search Complete
■Academic Search Premier
■Computer Science Index
■Computer & Communications Security Abstracts
■Current Abstracts
■Current Awareness Abstracts
■Education Research
■Emerald Management Reviews
■Information Science and Technology Abstracts (ISTA)
■The Informed Librarian
■INSPEC
■International Academic Research Library
■Internet & Personal Computing Abstracts
■Library & Information Science Abstracts
■Library, Information Science and Technology Abstracts
■Library Literature & Information Science
■Scopus
■TOC Premier