[Web4lib] Journal Usage Statistical collection software - suggestions?

Brandon Dudley brandon at discontent.com
Fri Oct 30 11:19:44 EDT 2009

Apologies for cross-posting. My institution is currently evaluating
methods of collecting COUNTER stats in a comprehensive way. We currently
use Excel spreadsheets to calculate cost-per-use and gather all the
stats together, but I am hoping that there's a better way. In today's
climate, justifying our spending decisions grows ever more important.

I am aware of JURO and JURO4c, and of the Swets Scholarly Stats
commercial packages - are there any other options worth consideration?
Anybody devised their own slick homegrown method of collecting such stats?

Many thanks,
Brandon Dudley