[Web4lib] Google Calendars and gdata API

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Wed Oct 28 16:45:04 EDT 2009

Please excuse cross posting but I urgently need to resolve this matter.

We are using Google Calendars for Room Booking and I have a python script
using the gdata library to connect to our calendar and get all events for one
day and see if the requested time has a conflict and populates an approval form
on the WEB.  Monday all worked fine.  Tuesday the system was not used at all.
Since 8:30 am this morning the connection to google has been timing out and I
can't find anywhere to indicate the status maybe of Google servers.  The
calendars on our WEB site are still appearing with no problem, maybe a little
slow.  I joined the Python gdata google group and sent a similar request for
help there.

So is anyone else having connnection issues today using the Google gdata api?

Thanks,

Thomas

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst            P O Box 32026
University Library                                Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

Library Systems Help Desk: https://www.library.appstate.edu/help/