[Web4lib] twitter for creating relations between isbn andweb resources

Theo van Veen Theo.vanVeen at KB.nl
Wed Oct 7 03:44:43 EDT 2009

Hello Alan and others,

Actually we have no means to follow progress of the use of twitter for
this purpose. I know that this would be interesting. If someone uses his
own twitter account you can only see the result when you hit an ISBN
that has a relation. Rather than using isbn_12345678 we could use #isbn
12345678. In that case one could search for #isbn to see how many
relations are added.
Maybe a more refined syntax would be better like:
#isbn 12345678 #hasReview http://xyz
and
#isbn 12345678 #relatesTo http://xyz
In this way a search for #isbn 12345678 will reveal different types of
(predefined?) relations. Using Twitter we need however to be economical
with the number of bytes being used.
Any suggestions?

Regards,
Theo