[Web4lib] Seesmic - Pick your Flavor! @Askseesmic

Wilfred Drew DrewW at tc3.edu
Tue Nov 24 09:46:39 EST 2009

I am using what is becoming the best twitter client in the world.  Seesmic<http://seesmic.com/> is now available for Windows as a native application, Seesmic Desktop (Adobe Air), Blackberry version (for OS 4.6 or greater), Android, and the web based version.  All allow you to use multiple twitter accounts.  All incorporate the new lists features of Twitter.

Seesmic for Windows<http://seesmic.com/seesmic_desktop/windows/> was just released a few days ago.  It is version 0.50 and is a beta version without all of the features of other versions of Seesmic.  It is a very nice looking application and will run on Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.  It currently lacks a follow command but is fully functional in all other ways.

Seesmic Desktop<http://seesmic.com/seesmic_desktop/air/> (Uses Adobe Air) has more features than Seesmic for Windows but since it uses Adobe Air it can be a memory hog.  One of the best features it has is ability to post to Facebook and to separate Facebook pages.  I use it all of the time to post to the TC3 Baker Commons<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dryden-NY/TC3-Baker-Commons/12814952675?v=info> page.  Seesmic Desktop is my main Twitter tool.

The Blackberry<http://seesmic.com/seesmic_mobile/blackberry/> and Android<http://seesmic.com/seesmic_mobile/android/> versions of Seesmic have just been released.  The only problem with the Blackberry version is that it is only available for OS 4.6 and higher.  Many Blackberries are still on version 4.5, especially if you use Verizon.   I have that problem.  I hope that is remedied soon.

I have Loic Le Meur and the entire Seesmic team to be very responsive to its users.  They listen and fix problems very quickly.  I am not afraid of beta testing anything they create.

[http://img.zemanta.com/pixy.gif?x-id=ab68c91c-0875-8a81-8d8c-d3d6ef33f9f7]Seesmic<http://technorati.com/tag/Seesmic>, #Seesmic<http://technorati.com/tag/%23Seesmic>, Loic Le Meur<http://technorati.com/tag/Loic%20Le%20Meur>

Wilfred (Bill) Drew, M.S., B.S., A.S.
Assistant Professor
Librarian, Systems and Tech Services
Strengths: Ideation, Input, Learner, Command, Analytical
E-mail: dreww at tc3.edu<mailto:dreww at tc3.edu>
Follow the library: http://twitter.com/TC3Library
PPlease consider the environment before printing this e-mail or document.

--
Posted By Bill Drew to Baby Boomer Librarian<http://babyboomerlibrarian.blogspot.com/2009/11/seesmic-pick-your-flavor-askseesmic.html> at 11/24/2009 09:44:00 AM