[Web4lib] bandwidth control

Ted Bazemore tedbazemore at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 12:22:10 EST 2009

We try and accomplish this with firewall rules. We have Sonicwall TZ 190
firewalls that allow you to limit network traffic based on internal IPs but
I suppose it depends on how your network is set up. We actually have a
contract with a vendor who monitors our firewalls for us and sends us
monthly reports for each branch. They make tweaks when I notice usage is
getting out of hand in a particular area. Its not free but we pay for it out
of E-rate funds and its well worth the peace of mind to me to know a
professional is on the job. An MLS doesn't help a whole lot when trying to
get a handle on bandwidth usage for some reason.

Ted Bazemore
Clayton County Library System