[Web4lib] Last week for Code4Lib Conference Talk Proposals

Roy Tennant tennantr at oclc.org
Mon Nov 9 12:40:59 EST 2009

We¹ve already had some great 20-minute talk proposals for Code4Lib 2010 in
Asheville, NC, but we have room for more. Be sure to get yours in by
midnight of Friday, November 13! See the announcement below for more
information. Thanks,
Roy

-------------------------------------
We are now accepting proposals for prepared talks for Code4lib 2010.
Code4lib 2010 is a loosely-structured conference for library
technologists to commune, gather/create/share ideas and software, be
inspired, and forge collaborations.  The conference will be held from
Monday, February 22nd (pre-conference day) to Thursday, February 25th,
2010 in Asheville, NC, US.  More information can be found at
http://code4lib.org/conference/2010/

Head over to the call for proposals page at
http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/2010talks_Submissions and submit
your idea for a prepared talk for this year's conference!  Proposals
should be no longer than 500 words, and preferably many less.

Prepared talks are 20 minutes (including setup and questions), and
focus on one or more of the following areas:
  * tools (some cool new software, software library or integration platform)
  * specs (how to get the most out of some protocols, or proposals for new
ones)
  * challenges (one or more big problems we should collectively address)

The community will vote on proposals using the criteria of:
  * usefulness
  * newness
  * geekiness
  * diversity of topics

We cannot accept every prepared talk proposal, but multiple lightning
talk and breakout sessions will provide everyone who wishes to present
with an opportunity to do so.

Proposals can be submitted through November 13th. Voting will commence
soon thereafter and be open through December 1st.  Successful
candidates will be notified by December 3rd.

We look forward to your participation!

Cheers,

-Code4Lib 2010 Conference Program Committee
  * Kevin Clarke
  * Gabriel Farrell
  * Mike Giarlo
  * Susan Teague-Rector