[Web4lib] Cites & Insights 9:13 now available

Walt Crawford waltcrawford at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 21:08:13 EST 2009

*Cites & Insights* 9:13 (December
2009)<http://citesandinsights.info/civ9i13.pdf>is now available.

The 32-page issue (PDF as usual, but HTML separates are available–see the
links below, and also the caveat about the second item) includes:

Bibs & Blather <http://citesandinsights.info/v9i13a.htm>

It’s the end of a volume (except for the index, later in November) and the
end of an era–YBP’s five-year sponsorship. I’m looking for a new sponsor.
Also, *But Still They Blog: The Liblog Landscape 2007-2009 *should be out
some time this year…

Making it Work: Purpose, Values and All That
Jazz<http://citesandinsights.info/v9i13b.htm>

Commentaries on library values and purpose, including some upbeat
commentaries. What’s *not *here: any commentaries on Taiga, Darien or 101. *
Caveat*: The HTML version is provided for online reading–but if you print it
out, it will almost certainly be longer than the PDF of the entire issue.
Save paper: If you want this printed, do the whole issue.

Offtopic Perspective: 50 Movie Comedy Classics, Part
2<http://citesandinsights.info/v9i13c.htm>

>From “comedy in the classical sense” (that is, most characters survive
throughout the film) to little-known but quite funny British films and two
versions of a Ben Hecht play, with different genders playing the same lead.

*Reminder*: This isn’t *quite *the end of Volume 9. Some time later,
probably in November, I’ll publish the index and title page–but for those
who want a bound set of Volume 9, there’s a better route: Some time after
that, I’ll publish the whole volume (by far the longest to date, and *that
was not intentional*) on Lulu, for the same $50 as volumes 6, 7 and 8.