[Web4lib] Librarian seeking a job using facebook ads

Stewart Baker stewart.c.baker at gmail.com
Fri May 22 14:28:24 EDT 2009

Has anybody else seen the ads on Facebook that are from a librarian seeking
employment?

I think that's a pretty interesting idea, but have to wonder if the guy's
got any chances of getting a job from it.  I know plenty of librarians who
do browse facebook (on those slow reference shifts, for instance) but I'm
not sure it's the best place to advertise yourself.  I suppose it does get
your name out there, though.

Regardless, it's a welcome change from all those "Make $4,456,000,000 hourly
from your home!" scam ads I see.

Anybody have any thoughts?
--
Stewart Baker