[Web4lib] All Things Being Equal (was Google News Timeline)

IsisInform at aol.com IsisInform at aol.com
Fri May 15 10:47:30 EDT 2009

Hi to Web4Lib

A few weeks ago, we had a discussion about relevance when sorting titles
from the same issue of the same journal.  I recently expanded on  this in a
post for my blog,  _IsisInBlog_ (http://isisinblog.typepad.com/) .  I had
hoped to  post sooner, but had problems with my Web4Lib subscription.  Has
anyone else had difficulty changing subscription addresses?

The blog post, _"All  This Being Equal:  Sorting Articles in One Issue of a
Journal," _
(http://isisinblog.typepad.com/isisinblog/2009/05/all-things-being-equal-sorting-articles-in-one-issue-of-a-journal-.html) explains my
position with examples from several databases -- ProQuest,  Academic OneFILE,
EBSCO, and WilsonSelectPlus.  Some of you will be glad to  know that I have
changed my opinion about the process being silly.  Now I  think it is surreal.

Thanks,

Katherine
Katherine  Bertolucci
Isis Information Services