[Web4lib] Kindle vs. Accessibility

Sharon Foster fostersm1 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 17:41:03 EDT 2009

Real Soon Now. Some of the AI folks have been making similar claims
for over 40 years. It will be at least another 40 years before a
computer-generated voice will be able to read Dr. Seuss, much less
Shakespeare, with the inflections, intonations, emphasis, and pauses
that a human being would consider acceptable for long-term listening.
Jim Dale isn't going to lose his audiobook gig anytime soon.

Sharon M. Foster, 99% Librarian (waiting for the official okey-dokey
to change it to 100%)
Speaker-to-Computers
http://www.vsa-software.com/mlsportfolio/