[Web4lib] Tech Question: MyNCBI and EZProxy

Dinkelman, Andrea L [LIB] adinkelm at iastate.edu
Tue May 12 12:22:22 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone else has encountered this problem and was able to
solve it.

Since early February, my Library has had a problem with MyNCBI and
EZProxy.

If patrons access PubMed via the Iowa State University affiliate link
(e.g. proxy server link), it is not possible to login to MyNCBI. Using
IE, I can enter my username at the MyNCBI sign-in screen, but I can't
enter my password (e.g. the password field isn't clickable). If I use
Firefox, I can enter my username, and the password box is "grayed out."

We are running EZProxy 5.1b with SSL configured.

If you have encountered this problem, please contact me,  and I will
have our IT Director contact you.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Andrea

Andrea L. Dinkelman, PharmD, MS

Assistant Professor/Science & Technology Librarian

Iowa State University

152 Parks Library

2280 Veterinary Medical Library

Ames, IA 50011-2140

Parks Office: (515) 294-6943

Veterinary Medical Library: (515) 294-2233

adinkelm at iastate.edu