[Web4lib] screen capture help

Alma Garcia almag at mills.edu
Mon Mar 23 16:04:58 EDT 2009

I have to update some webpages on our intranet that have screen captures.  These were done many years ago by a staff member who is no longer working here.  I am in unknown waters here.

I have access to Photoshop and am able to crop the screen capture to only the portion of the screen that I want.  The problem I am having is that when I put the image in the webpage the text is very distorted.  In order to see the text properly I would have to create a large file.  Is there a way to keep the image text readable while making the image itself smaller?   The pages are part of our local  intarnet or I would post a link.

Alma

Alma García                     Library Systems Administrator
Mills College Library           510-430-2021
5000 MacArthur Blvd.            510-430-3155 fax
Oakland, CA  94613