[Web4lib] Browser ennui

Moore, John D. Moorej at cafc.uscourts.gov
Mon Mar 23 14:00:15 EDT 2009

My problem with Firefox is not ennui, but a single pathetic lament: Why
is the official 64-bit version of Firefox taking so long?

While I'm waiting, I'm pondering Pascal's jottings on ennui:

"There is nothing so insupportable to man as to be in entire repose,
without passion, occupation, amusement, or application. Then it is that
he feels his own nothingness, isolation, insignificance, dependent
nature, powerless, emptiness. Immediately there issue from his soul
ennui, sadness, chagrin, vexation, despair."  --Blaise Pascal

John D. Moore
Assistant Librarian for Public Services
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
202-312-5503