[Web4lib] Browser ennui

Louise Alcorn Louise.Alcorn at wdm-ia.com
Mon Mar 23 11:39:12 EDT 2009

 or because we were forced to accept that "The
> Browser" is whatever version of whichever program IT deigns to plop on

> our machines.

> Thomas Dowling

I think this is a good point, Thomas - I've just returned from a
regional library technology conference, and after one session a group of
us did an informal survey of who among us had control over their browser
program - either the 'flavor' (IE, Firefox, etc.) or the version.  The
numbers were *not* good.  We also discussed the difficulty in explaining
the benefits of Firefox to Microsoft-enslaved IT departments.

>The Facebook interface, on the other hand...
>Karen G. Schneider

Just.  Oy.

Louise E. Alcorn
Reference Technology Librarian