[Web4lib] Make a shelf list searchable online?

Walker, David dwalker at calstate.edu
Thu Mar 19 12:55:43 EDT 2009

> "ASP.NET MVC Search".  For a bit more understanding
> of what MVC is:

I would maybe not recommend that, actually.

If you do run that search in Google, you'll notice that Microsoft is just _now_ (like literally in the past two days) releasing a MVC framework for ASP.Net.  And won't ship the framework until the second half of this year.

If you really did want to start a project today, ASP.Net's existing WebForms model is probably the one you would want to use -- and, frankly, is probably good enough for a project of this scale.

As a former ASP.Net programmer myself:  In my opinion, Microsoft is about eight years too late in rolling a true MVC ( and particularly a Front Controller pattern) framework for ASP.Net.  The WebForms model always seemed to mix concerns horribly.

--Dave

David Walker
Library Web Services Manager
California State University