[Web4lib] Make a shelf list searchable online?

Chris Barr christopher.barr at villanova.edu
Wed Mar 18 15:50:44 EDT 2009

For something lightweight and manageable, you may want to try Scriblio.
It is a plugin that turns the Wordpress blog system into an OPAC.

http://about.scriblio.net/

* Free and open source
* Represents bibliographic collections — library catalogs and such — in
an easily searchable, highly remixable web-based format
* Leverages WordPress to offer rich content management features for all
a library’s content

This would allow you to have a good search and a nice interface for
non-techies to create new records.

Best,
Chris Barr