[Web4lib] For informal cites to friends and acquaintances in discussiing etc

IsisInform at aol.com IsisInform at aol.com
Fri Mar 13 13:02:28 EDT 2009

Hi to Web4Lib --

The Arizona State University Library catalog provides a permanent link  for
each catalog record.  Here's a sample link:
_http://library.lib.asu.edu/record=b5093878~S3_ (http://library.lib.asu.edu/record=b5093878~S3)

Most Web authors currently embed a link to Amazon.com when they  mention a
book, a citation practice that gives free advertising to a for-profit
corporation.  With permanent library links, we could easily embed a  library URL within
a document, thus providing bibliographic details without  participating in an
advertising campaign.

Thanks,

Katherine
Katherine  Bertolucci
Isis Information Services
Phoenix, AZ
_katherine at isisinform.com_ (mailto:katherine at isisinform.com)
IsisInBlog:  _“Beyond  Findability” Published in Searcher_
(http://isisinblog.typepad.com/isisinblog/2009/02/beyond-findability-published-in-searcher.html)

In a message dated 3/13/2009 9:14:21 AM US Mountain Standard Time,