[Web4lib] library catalog search box in Facebook

Greg Johnson g-johnson2 at govst.edu
Wed Mar 4 14:05:27 EST 2009

I am in charge of our facebook site and I was trolling around to find new
things to put onto it.  One thing that I saw that was of interest was on the
Duke Law Library facebook site which has a search box for their law library
catalog.

Now I have the code to create a nice little VuFind search box, but I have no
idea if it is possible to create on on Facebook.  From what I can tell from
a short look through, there isn't a place to put in hmtl code, so I am
stumped.

Any ideas?  As a last resort, I will put in a link to our library catalog,
but I would prefer to have the search box instead.  Also, if it is possible
to put up code for the search box, is there a place to put up code for a
meebo searchbox?

Thanks in advance for any ideas...

Greg

--
Gregory Johnson
Distance Learning and Reference Librarian
g-johnson2 at govst.edu
708-235-7516