[Web4lib] Electronic Library

Sharon Foster fostersm1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 12:24:03 EDT 2009

That's the beauty of something like Greenstone. It doesn't require a
big investment to get a prototype going. It's not a matter of weeks or
months, it's more like hours and days.

I completely agree with you that the administrative details are what's
going to take the most time to resolve, but having something like this
to show people gets their juices going, and they can more readily see
things like, "Oh, no I don't want it organized like *that.*"  I like
to call it the "bring me a rock" principle.

"Bring me a rock."
"No, not that rock. Bring me another rock."

Repeat.

Sharon M. Foster, JD, MLS
Librarians bring order out of chaos.
http://www.vsa-software.com/mlsportfolio/